As of March 2020, in cooperation with the initiative’s stakeholders, following activities have been completed:
- 1st Meeting of the Managing Committee (MC) held: The rules of the governance of the MC and timeline and methodology of the project in agricultural water use efficiency were accepted.
- 2nd Meeting of the Managing Committee (MC) held: The roadmap for the Policy Advisory Committee was accepted. Other ongoing projects under the umbrella of Blue Peace in the Middle East were discussed to ensure synergy and the detailed work programs for the report under the theme of “agricultural water use efficiency in the Middle East” as well as capacity building and workshop programs were accepted.
- A training manual under the theme of “improving irrigation water efficiency” prepared: The work will serve as a synthesis of options to support capacity development in regional context.
- Detailed web-based quantitative and qualitative (SWOT) questionnaires prepared and shared with regional stakeholders: The questionnaires will serve as inputs to the report on agricultural water use efficiency in the Middle East.
- The 1st training program planned: The training entitled as “planning and design for efficient irrigation” is planned to be organized in June 2020 in Izmır, Turkey. The course will adopt a train-the-trainers approach, combining theory, group discussions and field visits to encourage exchange of knowledge and experiences from across the region.